After 1 month, Takuto's Star Swords Emeraude and Saphir are complete! These swords were a commission for ~OORR
This project was very different from the others I have worked on in the past. It was very tricky working with props that are transparent. This limited the type of materials I could use.
I do wish I could have made the swords lighter than they are (about 2.5 pounds each). I did my best to rout out as much material without weakening the structure. Without all of the routing, the swords would have been double the weight. I also sanded the swords to give them a frosted look and to help diffuse the light.
You may notice the handles are not as bright. This is where the batter holders are and where the person will grip. 2 AA batteries per sword, and will last for more than 4 hours. I stopped my testing after the 4 hour mark.
A short youtube video can be found here: [link]
Tap Plastics Clear Cast Plastic (used about 44oz of the stuff)
Green and Blue Dye
Green and Blue LEDs (Joe Knows Electronics brand on Amazon)
AA Battery Holders
Velcro (to hold the battery holders in but allowing them to be removed)
Rebound 25 for the molds
MDF to make the master sword
Clay to help make the mold
Foam Board to help make the mold
This light saber guide ([link]
) was very helpful to me with the wiring portion.